"Law professor Larry Lessig claims that at least twenty Republican electors are considering abandoning the President-elect."In large, green-colored ALL CAPS with a checkmark, an answer is given as
"TRUE".It thus appears on a quick look that the answer given is to Lessig's "claim" made in the headline, that "at least twenty Republican electors are considering abandoning the President-elect". But SNOPES's headline is not what is being "fact-checked". The answer is only "true" as to another "claim", a bland, innocuous claim printed in small type directly under the large picture (where it looks like a caption and could be missed):
"CLAIM: A law professor is working to take Donald Trump's election winSNOPES's headline and "explanation" gratuitously not only parrot Lessig's unverifiable claim about what "twenty electors" are "considering" (which is irrelevant to answering SNOPES's little reworded sanitized claim that it has labelled "TRUE"), but the article goes on to "prove" that Lessig made the claim, while expounding on how Hillary "won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes" and uncritically republishing Lessig's argument -- which itself contains multiple undiscussed dubious or false statements:
"Never in our history has the argument for electors exercising their independent judgment been as overwhelmingly strong -- because of the concerns about foreign involvement in our election, because of Mr. Trump's refusal to comply with constitutional limitations on foreign assets, and because of the overwhelming popular vote margin by his opponent."Lessig's opinion is presented as a statement of fact, purportedly backed up by reasons presented themselves as statements of fact. The argument has no relevance to the truth or falsity of the "fact" (in small type, above) that is the actual one misleadingly being "fact-checked" by SNOPES, and moreover, it is itself false or misleading (and un-fact-checked) political propaganda:
[But consider past involvement in our elections via the Soviet-owned U.S. Communist Party, and recent foreign donations to progressive interests, astroturfing websites, the Clinton Foundation and various PACs. Also compare Obama's direct involvement in attempting to throw the Israeli election against Netanyahu. Etc.]
2. The negative insinuation that Trump has "refused" to comply with some kind of "constitutional limitations on foreign assets" implies illegal acts by Trump even prior to taking office. It is flat-out false (to the extent it's not just unintelligible -- but the law professor's gibberish might sound good to a non-lawyer).
3. The assertion that Hillary overwhelmingly "won the popular vote" is specious. Trump won 83% of the counties in the U.S. and lost mostly only those areas of the country having a lot of known voting fraud and/or illegal immigrants.
Here's a "lizcheck" on the last point. I worked as a poll attorney in Broward County, Florida on election day. In my small area alone, I stopped perhaps thousands of discarded ballots from being saved in readable format. These would be either "mistake" ballots or collected "absentee" ballots whose voters came to vote in person. These ballots are supposed to be "spoiled" so that they cannot be machine-read. This is supposed to happen before another ballot is issued to the voter. Given the precincts involved, I know that these ballots would have been overwhelmingly Democrat. In about half of the precincts that I monitored, instead of being properly spoiled so that they could not be fed into a machine at a later time, these ballots were being saved in machine-readable state. There is only one reason for this -- unless you are naive enough to believe that experienced election workers all coincidentally had similar misunderstandings of how to spoil discarded ballots and interestingly were keeping them (with the exception of one precinct where they were stuffed into a plastic bag) in neat, out of the way stacks with an ineffectual "void" lightly scribbled on them.
In multiple precincts in Detroit it now has been proved that somehow there were more votes than there were signed-in voters. This is precisely the outcome that would have occurred in Broward County had saved discarded ballots later been fed into the voting machines.
[Note that this same anomaly apparently happened throughout Ohio in the 2012 election (there were reports of 100% pro-Obama precincts with more votes than even registered voters.) And remember that there also was widespread voter fraud via ACORN in the 2008 election.]
Moreover, in California, which logged votes so overwhelmingly Democrat that this state alone could account for more than ALL of Clinton's "popular vote victory" margin, consider these facts: many Republicans (and there are many in the state, albeit not a majority) didn't bother to vote because in addition to being discouraged by fake exit polls from eastern states that closed earlier, their vote in the winner-take-all Democrat state wouldn't have changed anything anyway. In addition, there was no Republican candidate on the ballot for Senate, which otherwise might have brought out Republicans to vote -- weirdly, two Dems were running against each other, so this too likely depressed potential pro-Trump turnout in California. (For these same reasons, why bother to have any significant Republican poll watcher or poll attorney presence in the state -- it was going Democrat, no matter what.)
Lastly, throughout 2016, along with California's new law giving illegal aliens driver licenses, there was a widespread heavy push to do "motor voter" registration, which in no way adequately (or at all) checked citizenship. Recall that sweet interview in which, when asked what he thought about "undocumented citizens" "afraid to vote" because of fear of being deported, Obama responded that all citizens have the right to vote and there is no cross-checking with immigrant databases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgEvgVC6Qs. (More on California voting fraud.)
Given the above, coupled with the insane, often vicious, hysterics emanating post-election out of some of these Democrat areas, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind of widespread Democratic voting fraud in California and other Democrat strongholds. (In other words, we don't actually know whether, or to what extent, Hillary actually "won the popular vote" with valid legal votes.)
[And yes: the party of corruption is Democrat. NOT Republican. Look historically and currently at all the famous corrupt city political machines such as Tammany Hall in NYC, Mayor Daley in Chicago. Not to mention the unions and mafia involvement in them, bastions of nasty. Jim Crow, etc. All Democrat.]
If the foregoing isn't enough to convince you that SNOPES is politically biased, without my having to go into many, many other examples, then take a gander at what its article chooses to put links on -- petitions, commentary and advocacy (not "facts") -- and its cited "sources" -- NPR plus two of the perhaps three biggest purveyors of rabid anti-Trump headlines and "fake news" in the past election: CNN (the station which, among many other transgressions, shared debate questions via Donna Brazile with Hillary Clinton), WaPo (which is now globalist Amazon owner Jeff Bezos's anti-Trump blog), and the NYTimes (whose biggest shareholder is anti-Trump Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim and which has lost much of the credibility it once had).
One final point: in each state we now vote for electors based on who those electors have pledged to support. That is how we choose electors, according to state laws. We do not get resumes of the electors and then select them to "represent us" based on our assessment of their analytical abilities and "judgment". That may have been Hamilton's original idea, but -- note to Hollywood nincompoops and lawyer Lessig -- that's not how "the states" currently vote for president.
Everything is obvious; all the hard work is done; only an idiot couldn't see what the right thing to do is. And then you poke a little bit at the foundation and it just collapses. I suppose the condescension and the fragility are related conditions, the bluster a product of the insecurity at the heart of it all. You act like everything is obvious precisely because you can't articulate your position. Read deBoer's post. It will give you hope. Compare it with the below special comment by a forensic psychologist yesterday on the psylaw listserve -- ironically someone who has given presentations on "confirmatory bias", who (goodgod) has done custody evaluations, and who is a perfect example of the inarticulate mental foggery that young Dr. deBoer is starting to notice:
We were brought up on the Milgram studies at Yale and The Stanford Prison experiment. They inform our thinking everyday and is why we are terrified of a Trump Administration.
(Monday, Dec. 5, 1:40pm EST): YouTube has entirely removed PragerU's new video with Kasim Hafeez, a British Muslim who is a pro-Israel activist. In the video, Hafeez explains how he overcame the anti-Semitic indoctrination that radicalized him from an early age. Within hours of the video's release Monday morning, YouTube flagged it for "hate speech" and took it down. PragerU is disputing YouTube's removal of the video.
UPDATE, Tuesday, Dec. 6 a.m.: Back up:
(By the way, anyone remember when prospective "National Security Advisor" Susan Rice went on multiple TV shows to lie about a video being the cause of the Benghazi terrorist attack? If you like your plan (or Iran nuclear deal) you can keep it, and Bergdahl is your kind of hero. Fake news indeed...)
She's a lawyer, pollster, and business owner. She's a mom of four, and a self-made woman. Why do feminists ignore her? Oh, that's right -- she's Republican...
Want to reform the Electoral College?
...characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again. Individual sufferers often display signs of paranoia and delusion; in acute cases psychotic episodes have been observed...
Causes and Mechanisms:
...highly comorbid with Paraphilic Infantilism, Emotional Eating, Autism Spectrum, Bush Derangement Syndrome, and adult bedwetting.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -- Thomas Jefferson
"A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal or tolerate those who do." -- United States Military Academy
UPDATE, encore, and best meltdown ever:
The suicide rate for those who received mental health treatment is higher than those who did not. No surprise there: It seems reasonable to assume that those who received mental health treatment were more impaired.
[liznote: Caution. These videos are presented solely for the copiously collected, verifiable and well-presented facts contained in them. Facts stand on their own. Dr. Wood is brilliant but he also is emotionally disturbed and has distorted cognition, what psychs call a psychopath, someone who lacks emotions and empathy. In prison in his 20s after the attempted murder of his father, he converted to Christianity after long periods of physical misery and apparent lifelong confusion, both situational and self-induced. He later received a doctorate in theological philosophy. In matters not involving the recitation of facts, his thinking remains problematic. (Ditto by the way the thinking and/or emotions of many who once were so inculcated in or dependent upon any belief system -- religious, delusional, malignant, benign or otherwise -- which they later fell from, sometimes after long periods of "searching", that they remain consumed with arguing in opposition to their former beliefs, and/or justifying their new "enlightenment". E.g. eternal "recovery" crap, scientism, etc.)]
1. Obama lied: he knew about Hillary's secret server and wrote to her using a pseudonym, cover-up happened (intent to destroy evidence)
2. Hillary Clinton dreams of completely "open trade and open borders"
3. Hillary Clinton took money from and supported nations that she KNEW funded ISIS and terrorists
4. Hillary has public positions on policy and her private ones
5. Paying people to incite violence and unrest at Trump rallies
6. Hillary's campaign wants "unaware" and "compliant" citizens
7. Top Hillary aides mock Catholics for their faith
8. Hillary deleted her incriminating emails. State covered it up. Asked about using White House executive privilege to hide from Congress.
9. Bribery: King of Morocco gives Clinton Foundation $12 million to have meeting with Hillary, 6 months later Morocco gets weapons
10. Latinos are "needy". Latino outreach is "taco bowl engagement"
11. Clinton campaign in direct communication with DOJ regarding email case
12. Acknowledging radical Islam is a real threat and a "serious problem for our future"
13. Admitting terrorists will infiltrate the Syrian refugee program
14. Bill Clinton receives $1 million "birthday gift" from ISIS-funding Qatar while Hillary was SoS, Qatar receives arms flow increases of 1,482%
15. Hillary campaign prays for shooters in news stories to be white
16. Hillary is still privately against gay marriage
17. Rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders (DNC favored Hillary)
18. Rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders (Hillary's team)
19. State Department tried to bribe FBI to un-classify Clinton emails (FBI docs)
20. Hillary was hateful, neglectful, above the law, "contemptuous" to her security detail, and "blatantly disregarded" security, (FBI docs)
21. Clinton Foundation schemed with Big Pharma to keep the price of AIDS drugs high in America
22. CNN leaked primary debate question to Hillary through head of DNC
23. Democrats created fake Trump "grope under the meeting table" Craigslist employment ad in May 2016
24. Hillary's camp excited about a black teen's murder (to help her agenda)
25. Rigging media polls through oversampling
26. Hillary sends U.S. intelligence and war plans to Podesta's hacked email
27. Hillary took money from foreigners for campaign (illegal)
28. Hillary says climate change activists should "get a life"
29. Hillary is pro-fracking, calls it "a gift", despite what she publicly says
30. Referring to a "Shadow Government" that protects Hillary (FBI docs)
31. List of reporters that Hillary wined and dined, including biggest journalists and pundits of CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, NY Times, and a lot more. Off the record.
32. Democrats using American lobbyists to money launder foreign donations illegally
33. The New York Times is colluding with Hillary, allowed quote edits
34. Racist remarks about Blacks and Muslims
35. Hillary's poor health (collapsing, memory loss, drug research)
36. Tipped off by the State Department regarding Benghazi emails
37. Hillary's staff admitting she is "tainted" and "really vulnerable" on corruption and bribery
38. Hillary camp using "propaganda"
39. Hillary Clinton bragged about being invited to Putin's 'Inner Sanctum'
40. John Podesta's password is p@ssw0rd
41. Hillary Clinton had to be told when to smile during speeches
42. Billionaire George Soros has influence over Hillary
43. Clinton campaign refuses to report sexual harassment (then forwards complaint to harasser)
44. Admitting Hillary did not use private server for security reasons (shows intent)
45. Hillary Clinton "doesn't seem to know what planet we are all living in at the moment"
46. Big media collusion email, working with reporters
47. Using female senator to conjure fake sexist claims against Bernie
48. Worried that Bernie supporters and younger women "hate her so much (they) might even vote for a Republican"
49. Hillary campaign caught partaking in insider trading (illegal)
50. Clinton Foundation did not pay for the services they received
51. Admitting Hillary failed foreign policy
52. Admitting Obamacare isn't working
53. NBC colluding with the Clinton campaign
54. Coordinating with SuperPACs, which is illegal
55. Hillary's team admitting she lies a lot
56. Avoiding the press because of tough questions
57. Plotting to attack Obama because "his father was a Muslim"
58. Colluding over withholding Benghazi emails
59. Hillary plans to support the TPP
60. Clinton camp worried that Uranium One deal is being investigated (where Hillary sold 20% of America's uranium to Russia)
61. Entire "interview" with MSNBC's Chris Hayes is staged, reading word-for-word
62. Hillary Clinton stole furniture from the State Department (FBI docs)
63. Hillary told Tim Kaine back in July 2015 he would be VP
64. Hillary tweaks her policies based on donors' wants
65. Hillary camp admits it doesn't support $15 minimum wage
66. Illegally coordinating with Priorities USA, a SuperPAC funded by George Soros
67. Racist and sexist remarks: "too white and too male"
68. Podesta illegally has access to top secret information
69. Podesta connects to unsecure network where anyone could access classified files
70. Hillary's speechwriters: "I don't mind the 'backs of dead Americans' because we need a bit of moral outrage." (Benghazi)
71. The AP colluding with the Hillary campaign
72. Hillary's camp says she has a "character problem" and is "arrogant"
73. Staging fake anti-Trump protest, conspiring with Univision CEO
74. Meeting to go over Cheryl Mills' testimony
75. Iran nuclear deal was "greatest appeasement since Chamberlain gave Czechoslovakia to Hitler"
76. Journalist talks strategy with Clinton staff and asks for permission to write article
77. Bill Clinton admits Clinton Foundation has no "real projects"
78. Violating campaign finance law
79. Interfering with the 2008 Republican primary process
80. Proof that "Correct the Record" (SuperPAC) is directly coordinating with the Hillary campaign against federal campaign law
81. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in direct contact with the Hillary campaign
82. Hillary's team working with hundreds of MSM news pundits
83. Katy Perry is a puppet for Hillary Clinton
84. Hillary tries to hide her tiny rallies
85. Hillary had a mole working on Biden's team
86. John Oliver caught colluding with Hillary's campaign
87. Trouble with NBC so they call Chuck Todd to take care of it
88. Politico's Glenn Thrush colluding with Hillary's campaign, admits to being a "hack"
89. Hillary finds out more debate questions
90. Hillary wants "successful business people" running for office because "they cannot be bought"
91. "We are finishing up the next round of TV scripts"
92. Hillary doesn't write her own tweets, despite claiming "H" means she does
93. On Hillary: "we just keep giving her poll-tested lines that don't work"
94. Hillary extremely weak on topic of standing up to Wall Street
95. "Even a clown like Ted Cruz" could beat her
96. "The Huffington Post" colluding with Hillary
97. Clinton campaign memorizing their email cover-up script
98. Heavy press collusion over Cuba and Hillary's health
99. Employment rate -- They confirm what Trump says
100. Obama picked people in his administration from the suggestion list of CiTi bank advisor/Wall St shill
SITE - INDEX |
LIZNOTES MAIN PAGE |
COLLECTIONS | WOMENS HISTORY LIBRARY
| RESEARCH ROOMS
| THE READING ROOM
FATHERLESS CHILDREN STORIES | THERAPEUTIC JURISPRUDENCE | WOMAN SUFFRAGE TIMELINE | THE LIZ LIBRARY ENTRANCE
as otherwise noted, all contents in this collection are copyright 1996-2016
the liz library. All rights
This site is hosted and maintained by argate.net Send queries to: sarah-at-thelizlibrary.org